ShakespeareZombie

ShakespeareZombie

Monday, February 29, 2016

Owl Crate February 2016 Unboxing

This is my Owlcrate, yet to be opened.

I heard about Owlcrate a while ago. It sounded like something I might like, and I hoped to try it some day. It's a subscription service that sends out a box containing a Young Adult novel plus related goodies.

The February theme was announced as "Sci-Fi Love," and I was VERY interested. The Owlcrate Facebook page gave hints that the box would contain a Doctor Who item and a Lunar Chronicles item, both of which I love. Purely for the sake of science, I decided to try to figure out what the book would be.

The uneducated part is in case I am wrong...I HATE being wrong. That's why that hyphen makes me anxious.

The Love That Split the World

I liked my guess a lot, and it made me really want the box. Part of me was nervous that I was wrong, that the book would be something else, that I wouldn't like the items or that I already had too much stuff as it is. Eventually, I decided to take the plunge and order. The February box actually sold out, so I was lucky to get one. It arrived last week, but I haven't had time to post about it until now.



Freshly opened goodness

At the very top of the box was a cute Owlcrate card that details the items in the box. I love the robots and all the sci-fi stuff. I didn't read the card until I finished looking in order to avoid spoilers. Let's see what awaits!

Lunar Chronicles!

The first item is this cute tote bag printed with the couples from Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles. I like the pink a lot, though it is a weird texture.

Next was a little brown box:
What's in the box? What's in the box?!?

http://www.juniperandivydesigns.com/

It's a totally cute little TARDIS brooch. The back is a magnetized closure instead of a pin, which is different. The detail on the brooch is beautiful. Part of me wants to paint it blue, but it's so gorgeous as is that I would probably ruin it.

Next we come to the book portion:


Upon seeing this, my reaction was: "I guess I was wrong," followed by "Hey, I thought this was supposed to be a new book!" Then I remembered that Owlcrate also has older thematically appropriate books and I chilled out.

Finally, here is the main event:

YES! I was right!

There's also a letter from the author, Emily Henry, plus a bookmark and autographed bookplate.


Here's the whole enchilada. Overall, an awesome haul. I'm excited to find a place for my new brooch, to haul stuff in my bag, and to read my new books. Owlcrate was a fun experience, and I recommend it for any fellow YA book lovers.

#owlcrate

No comments:

Post a Comment