ShakespeareZombie

ShakespeareZombie

Friday, May 28, 2010

Books I really want to throw everything aside to read RIGHT NOW

I just learned of the existence of most of these books tonight while browsing the New in Fiction selections at work. Unfortunately, I have 6 library books that I am trying to work through at least a little before I let myself check a book out from work.

The Rhinestone Sisterhood by David Valdes Greenwood


The Summer We Read Gatsby by Danielle Ganek


The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman (Just pretend that sucky Kindle is an awesome B&N nook, available from stores nationwide but particularly the awesome Shops at Fallen Timbers :)


The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender


Cum Laude by Cecily von Ziegesar


04/30/2015- I was looking at my old posts and came across this one again. I just thought I would update it. I actually two of these. Here's my reviews for The Summer We Read Gatsby and Cum Laude. They were both pretty meh. I don't remember much about the first, but Cum Laude was cracked up. Two things come to mind: that creepy artist dude huffing paint and making the girl one pose for him naked with a bag over her head. Also how he huffed paint a lot and went nuts but in an artistic way. Second, the greatest finale EVER when the townie student's sister was walking in the woods wearing a fur coat and she got mistaken for a bear, so someone shot her (Possibly the paint huffer? It seems like it should have been anyways). Sorry to spoil it, but it was very funny, both then and now.

As for the remaining three titles, I purchased both The Imprefectionists (From a library sale) and Sisterhood of the Rhinestone Tiara (From the Dollar Tree). I'm sure that I will get around to reading them someday. I borrowed The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake from the library's ebook site twice, but I never ended up getting past a couple pages. It wasn't bad, it expired before I could finish. I'll have to take that out again someday. Update over.

No comments:

Post a Comment