ShakespeareZombie

ShakespeareZombie

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Life As I Blow It by Sarah Colonna


I honestly had no idea who Sarah Colonna was before I read this book. I referred to her as "friend of Chelsea Handler" and then "Sarah...something" before I finally remembered her name. The book appealed to me because I love a memoir, and I like the blue dress she's wearing on the cover. Besides, I enjoyed Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea, so it was worth a try.

Life As I Blow It is the story of one woman chasing her dream of becoming famous. Along the way, she works at restaurants, drinks, dates, falls in love, has sex, and then drinks some more. There is a lot of drinking involved. I really like that even when Colonna isn't sure about her love life, she never gives up on pursuing her goal.

For good or bad, the book doesn't contain nearly as much depravity as those of Chelsea Handler. By which I mean that there are fewer midgets. Colonna still seems like she'd be a good time. The book is like hanging out with one of your friends, listening to stories of relationship hijinks. If nothing else, you have to admire the fortitude of the woman's liver. Because seriously, there is an abundance of drinking.



No comments:

Post a Comment