ShakespeareZombie

ShakespeareZombie

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson


I know that a review of this book was featured in Cannonball Read IV (Here), and pretty much every Pajiban has or will end up reading it. In Cannonball Reads past, this may have made me avoid reading this book. Now, what the hell? I love me some memoirs, and I can feel like I'm one of the cool kids for once (It's okay, I don't expect to be invited to your lunch table or pizza parties or anything).

So, I really hated this book and didn't get it at all...except the opposite. See, that was me making a joke to try to be different. With that awkward attempt at humor, can you see why I related to Let's Pretend This Never Happened? I loved Ms. Lawson's stories, and all the accompanying pictures, especially the pictures. It's one thing to read about baby raccoons wearing jam pants, but it makes the store so much better to see the evidence.

For one fleeting second, I worried that this book would be too much for me. I saw people label it as "not for the easily offended." I don't really consider myself as such, but maybe I am and don't know? Luckily, I didn't see much to be offended about. Instead, I read a story that made me laugh, sometimes cry (Poor Barnaby Pickles), feel a sense of understanding because I'm not the only weird person in the world, and laugh some more. Seriously, it's really funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment